Quail Mushroom Fettuccini
- 12 quail breasts, diced to taste
- 8 oz fettuccini pasta uncooked
- 3 fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced in cubes
- 10 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oyster mushrooms (if not available, use 10 regular mushrooms)
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
- Salt, pepper
- Olive oil
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the diced quail breast, salt, pepper, 1 clove garlic (minced), and cook until brown. Remove quail breasts and set aside.
In the same skillet, where the quail was cooked, add a tablespoon olive oil, the mushrooms, 1 clove garlic (minced), salt, pepper and sauté. Add white wine, cook for 1 minute; then add the tomato cubes and chopped sage. Cook for 2 more minutes. Lastly, add the quail breast to the pan and mix well. Remove the skillet from the heat, add the recently cooked pasta, mix and serve immediately.